We recognise that like every enterprise, Smoothmoves Relocations has an impact on the environment. Our aim is to minimise the influence of our operations on the environment and the communities within which we operate. To this end, Smoothmoves Relocations has achieved certification as one of the first Australian furniture removals and delivery specialists to be 100% Carbon Neutral. This Sustainable Business Practices certification qualifies Smoothmoves to promote and supply domestic and commercial removals plus packing and unpacking services that have 100% of their carbon emissions offset.
To preserve our industry leading environmental standing we will:
- Undertake to maintain our Climate Friendly® certified ‘Carbon Neutral’ operation
- Offset emissions by purchasing carbon credits to neutralise our impact on global warming
- Comply fully with the letter and spirit of environmental laws and regulations
- Seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance
- Minimise our use of materials, water and energy, and purchase supplies that are designed and manufactured to cause the least impact to the environment
- Promote the use of Green products that have had their lifecycle emissions offset prior to purchase
- Reduce, re-use and recycle our waste materials whenever possible
- Encourage our customers and others we work with to improve their environmental performance
The New South Wales Department of Education and Training has recognised Smoothmoves Relocations in the department’s ‘Green Skills’ business guide.